When I mentioned I was having a skin expert on the podcast in the listener facebook group I received more questions than I ever have. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks, talks, and wants to know more about skin. We feel with it, we see it, and it is the biggest organ we have so it makes sense. This episode is hyper focused on the topic of skin but we cover so many issues related to it. Including acne - why it’s not just for teenagers, blending natural remedies, how to handle a big pimple, winter skin, LED facials, micro pinning, rosacea, and skin trends. Dr. Fishman is so smart, experienced and knowledgable in her field in both traditional and natural remedies. This conversation was focused and specific yet we covered so much in a short time.
Notes from the Show:
- she has tons of helpful videos on how to deal with all kinds of skin issues
- I've personally been using Differin with a moisturizer to help keep my skin clear
- for at home micro needling she suggests a Derma Roller
- if you are looking for a fading cream for brown spots she recommends products with hydroquinone
- acids she recommends for pore support: glycolic acid, cylic acid, mandelic acids, malac acid
- clay masks are also good for pores, I personally love Franklin and Whitman's clay masks (you can use the code KATIE for 20% off)
- for loose skin you can try Coolsculpting and SculpSure
- for dry or winter skin she recommends: fish oil, coconut oil, a humidifier with a hepa filter, and shea butter
- she also has her own acne supplement they sell in her office, you can call 212.375.4019 to order it directly from her
- you can read more about some of her other product recommendations here
Cool Things to Check-Out:
-I'll be at this CAP Beauty event in NYC on Jan. 24th, 2018 - come hang out!
- My friend and past podcast guest Jess Merman has a new Know Your Endo Toolkit Course, a practical program specially designed for anyone that deals with Endometriosis.
- Kim Anami (another past pod guest) is launching her Vaginal Kung Fu course starting February, 2018. This course is a perfect for deeping your relationship with your body and yourself and has ripple effects in all areas on your life (from relationship to career).
-Interested in learning how to launch your own podcast? I'm gaging interest for podcast advising + perhaps eventually an online course down the line. Email us to let us know if you're interested.
-Sign-up for my newsletter to get updates on where I'll be and what I'm loving!
-Get my book Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling
-The Good Fest will be in L.A. on Feb. 3rd, 2018 !! Get $10 off with the code "KATIEDALEBOUT"
— Show Sponsors —
Love good, wholesome food but don’t always have time to prepare it during your week? Splendid Spoon to the rescue! Splendid Spoon delivers wholesome good for you soups, smoothies and nourishing plant-based bowls directly to you each week allowing your to embrace home cooked meals while having the extra time to balance doing the other things you love in your life. They have multiple weekly programs that are simple, satisfying, wholesome and built to fit your needs. If you haven’t already listed to the pod episode with Nicole, the founder, you can tune into that here. And don’t forget to take advantage of the discount code with the link below!
Have you signed up and tried out Care/Of yet?? If you have tweet me your pics of your cute packs! If not you NEED to give them a try. Why do I love them so much? Care/Of creates personalized supplement packets for you based on your unique needs and delivers them in daily customized packets for 20% less than comparable brands. They come in cute customizable packages (that have your name on them!) making them easy to take with you on the go and know exactly what to take each day. It's a win-win-win, you save time, you save money and your optimizing your health specific to YOU.